2012年11月27日火曜日

BR 2-08: The Case of the Small Fat Dog

“Let’s play at being detectives,” suggested Mouse. “Okay,” Jojo agreed. (p.17) 

I picked this book because the pictures of the book are so cute. This story is about a family who met a dog by accident. At the beginning of the story, the family went camping. At night, father read a story for children, but it is not story for children. It is a terrible story. Next morning, the family went to beach. The beach was crowded, so three children, Jojo, Mouse and Pip, act together. Then, Jojo and Mouse played at being detectives. There are following phrase in the story. “I’ll be Mr Sherlock Moans, the famous grumbling…” “And I’ll be Dr What’s-Going-On, his clueless assistant.” It was fun for me. When they walked path, they noticed a dog followed them suddenly. The detectives find why the dog was following them. If you want to know the continuation of the story, please read it.

When you read the book, you can understand many things. Why did the dog follow the children? Is the story father read for children related to encounter with children and the dog? Where is the dog from? After I read the book, I felt it was so interesting. I recommend you to read the book!

Reference 
Alexander, Jenny. (2001). The Case of the Small Fat Dog. London, the U.K.: Literacy Land.
[226/9244 words]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿